It’s going to have to be a short blog today, since all kinds of other stuff is going on.
When I set a twice-weekly schedule for this blog I thought it would be manageable. Largely, it has been.
When I then fixed certain days to that schedule, however, I never realized how hard it would be to keep to them. Wednesdays & Sundays has become Wednesdays & Weekend/Mondays, which isn’t the end of the world but I’d like to get a little more regular about in the coming weeks.
That said, a lot has been going on so I think I have a little bit of an excuse.
- I finished the first draft of Across the Endless Sea! I just need to get it formatted as a single document and convert it to PDF, and the playtest preview will be going out on my Patreon.
- The weekend just gone I ran my first Twitch stream, and made
many fruitful mistakes. Unfortunately, my screw-ups in the world of forgetting-to-record-other-people’s-audio
means that y’all will never see the character creation ‘session’ for my new
campaign, but at least it wasn’t the first session I mangled!
(A post about my weekly Twitch campaign is going up on Wednesday with all the details about that).
- I somehow got suckered into another game design project, working with my good friend John Hughes on a system for anti-Lovecraftian humanist takes on cosmic horror in the tradition of Australian systemlessgaming.
- I need to dedicate more time to working on my con game for June. Hopefully that can be this week’s project.
- I was blown away by the response to my first article on GMing for Kids. The second, looking at the idea of making choices meaningful and centering agency, is coming along slow and steady.
Otherwise life goes on as normal for me: GMing for the kids at work, running for my home group, desperately trying to fit more hours into the day.
I think that’s about all for now. Hope to see some of y’all in chat for my Twitch game sometime!